Top Cape Town Experiences
From the majestic sweep of Table Mountain to the glorious white beaches of the rugged peninsula, Cape Town is one of the most desirable destinations on the planet. There’s so much to see and do in Cape Town,
it’s hard to know where to start. This is why we’ve curated our top Cape Town day experiences so you can make the most of your time in the Mother City.
Day trips from Cape Town take in the region’s biggest sights and tourist attractions. From guided Cape Town day trips and excursions like wine tours, to Cape Point, we’ve covered the best of what Cape Town has to offer. Explore a cosmopolitan destination and discover unique culture and history, breathtaking nature, shopping and fine dining, excellent wines and luxurious accommodations.
Take your pick of our top Cape Town experiences here...
CAPE TOWN WINELANDS
No trip to Cape Town is complete without tasting the region’s famous wines. Renowned for crisp white and classic French-style red wines, fantastic cheeses and olives, the Cape Winelands
also feature a stunning wealth of natural beauty.
Spend the day exploring vast estates in the shade of giant oak trees surrounded by towering mountains. Explore the lush valleys and vineyards of the Winelands on our best day trips from Cape Town.
- Full Day Cape Winelands: This full-day journey will take for wine tasting you along the principal winelands route through Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
- Half Day Cape Winelands Trip: Enjoy up to two tastings in the historic wine region of Stellenbosch on this highlights-only half-day trip.
- Franschhoek Wine Tram Experience: Embark on a unique and leisurely journey through rolling vineyards in an open-sided tram stopping in at some of South Africa’s oldest and most distinguished wine estates.
EXPLORE THE TOWNSHIP
Discover the authentic side of Cape Town
culture by exploring the township. Journey through the three South Africa’s: the beginning (where it all started), Apartheid South Africa
(a dark time of oppression) and the New South Africa to experience what has changed since Nelson Mandela was freed from prison. Enjoy an extraordinary opportunity to connect and mingle with the local community on our Half Day Township trip, which includes a Cape Town city tour through the Bo-Kaap Malay Quarter and a drive through District Six before touring Langa (the oldest township in Cape Town) and Khayelitsha (the largest township in Cape Town).
Bring your camera! A Cape Point joruney, to the south western tip of the Cape Peninsula, offers some of the most spectacular views in the world. The drive itself is an inspiration and passes steep mountains,
secluded coves and sweeping beaches, as well as villages and fishing communities. Marvel at the splendour of the Cape’s natural beauty on these top day trips from Cape Town.
- Full Day Cape Peninsula Trip: Following a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, this full day Cape Point journey passes through the cosmopolitan suburbs of Sea Point and Camps Bay to Hout Bay, one of Cape Town’s best-kept secrets, before heading to Cape Point, a breathtaking rocky promontory. You’ll return to Cape Town by way of Simon’s Town, Fish Hoek and Muizenberg, with a stop at Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens.
- Half Day Cape Point Journey: This half-day Cape Point journey takes in Hout Bay, Chapman’s Peak (if open) and the Cape Point Nature Reserve via Scarborough, Cape Point. Return to Cape Town via Simon’s Town, Fish Hoek and Muizenberg.
DISCOVER THE HERMANUS MARINE LIFE
Set between mountains and ocean, Hermanus is not only very striking but offers some of the best land-based opportunities for whale watching
in the world. Whale season takes place between August and November, and a full day Hermanus trip will give you a unique opportunity to experience close sightings of the Southern Right Whale. The drive back to Cape Town via Betty’s Bay is equally exciting, with further opportunities for whale, dolphin and even penguin sightings.
EXPERIENCE THE CULTURE
Embark on a Cape Town city trip that gives you unrivalled access to the city’s melting pot of cultures. Experience the diversity of the Cape Malay
community on our Malay Home Hosted Dinner Experience. This unique Cape Town city trip starts outside the Bo-Kaap Museum in the heart of the Cape Malay Quarter and ends with an authentic home-cooked dinner. Or, head to District Six for our Authentic Cape Town Dinner & Show Experience and enjoy an evening filled with humour, rhythm, songs and local cuisine.
For a cultural experience of a different kind, you can’t miss High Tea at the Mount Nelson Hotel. An all-time favourite of the rich and famous and one of several elegant Cape Town attractions, the Mount Nelson is a notable hallmark of luxury and indulgence in Cape Town. Enjoy a sumptuous selection of chocolate eclairs, petit-fours and classic carrot, chocolate and cheese cakes as well as savoury sandwiches, succulent fresh fruits and over thirty loose leaf teas.
Explore our collection of South Africa packages
or speak with a travel designer for a free quote or to create your custom itinerary enquire now
, call (AU) 1300 295 049 or (NZ) 0800 238 368 or see your travel agent.