PEACE OF MIND
Antarctica & Arctic
Explore Costa Ricas and Panamas natural paradise where the Jungle meets the sea while you cruise the spectacular Pacific coastline.
a Destinations d > Costa Rica & Panama > Star Clippers Sailing: Costa Rica & Panama
Save up to 30% on your cruise fare +
EUR100pp onboard cruise credit +
Choose your exclusive bonus add on!*
30 Apr 2022
17 Dec 2022 to 18 Mar 2023
7 nights accommodation in a category six cabin, port charges, gratuities, all meals, shipboard entertainment and watersports programme (excluding scuba)
17 Dec ‘22;
14 Jan, 28 Jan, 11 Feb, 25 Feb, 11 Mar & 18 Mar ‘23*
Discover the diverse marine life and unique abundant wildlife in the national parks along this breathtaking coastline. Explore lush green islands ringed by giant coconut palms, crystal clear turquoise water and tropical beaches.
Back to Costa Rica & Panama Tours
The relaxed and casual atmosphere, delectable cuisine and comfortably appointed accommodations on board Star Clipper.
Explore the historic and isolated Coiba National Park, a World Heritage Site.
Swim in the crystal clear waters of Isla Tortugas.
View All Days
Puerto Caldera is the cruise port that is the major gateway to Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. Of the many excursions on offer here, a trip to the Arenal Volcano is not to be missed. (D)
The small busy town of Quepos serves as the gateway to the Manuel Antonio National Park. Although the rapid rise in ecotourism has meant that Quepos has been descended upon it, has largely retained it's authentic feel.There is a good restaurant scene, the streets are easy to navigate and the locals are friendly. (B)(L)(D)
Golfito is Costa Rica's most southern port town. It was built on bananas – the United Fruit Company moved its regional headquarters here in the '30s and remained until it's departure in the 1980s.Today it acts as a gateway to visitors who wish to surf at Pavones or take part in sport-fishing. There are plenty of other activities on offer including horseback riding, kayaking and trips to nearby mangrove forests. (B)(L)(D)
Coiba Island lies 30 miles off of the south coast of Panama.It is the largest of the 38 islands that make up the Coiba National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It has 1,450 plant species and it's rain forests are home to hundreds of different animals. The surrounding waters support the eastern Pacific's second largest coral reef, which makes scuba diving particularly rewarding. You can spot whale and tiger sharks, manta and eagle rays and large schools of fish. The island also has a fascinating history as it was once a penal colony and was largely isolated for the past century. (B)(L)(D)
Golfo de Chiriquí is home to a national marine park with an area of just over 147 sq km, protecting 25 islands and 19 coral reefs which host abundant wildlife. It's home to howler monkeys, several types of nesting sea turtles and 280 recorded bird species. You can snorkel, surf or kayak in the calm waters or take a big game fishing trip. (B)(L)(D)
Each Star Clippers ship offers a traditional and elegant way to see the world. Feel the wind fill the sails and gently carry you from one gorgeous destination to the next. During your time on board, you can choose to relax on a sun lounger or cool off in one of the pools on the top deck, while more adventurous passengers may enjoy the opportunity to climb the rigging or even have a go at steering the ship. Alternatively, you can wander the interior areas of the ship and discover relaxing lounges, a revitalising spa (Royal Clipper only) and a peaceful library. (B)(L)(D)
Isla Tortuga is widely regarded as the most beautiful island in Costa Rica. With giant coconut palms framing powder soft whitte sand beaches that are lapped by crystal clear turquoise waters, this really is a tropical paradise. You can also play beach volleyball, rent a kayak, swim, or even get a ride of a glass-bottom boat. However if you are feeling adventuous you can ride the zip line as part of a canopy tour. (B)(L)(D)
Puerto Caldera is the cruise port that is the major gateway to Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. Of the many excursions on offer here, a trip to the Arenal Volcano is not to be missed. (B)
BONUS OFFER: Choose one pre or post cruise package
San Jose City Stay - Free!
• Two night 4* star hotel stay with breakfast
• Private arrival transfer
• Shared San Jose City Tour
• Return shared transfers San Jose/ Tortuguero
• 2 nights accommodation at Laguna Lodge with all meals
• Scheduled lodge activities
• National Park entrance fee
ARENAL VOLCANO - Supplement NZ$259pp
• Shared transfer San Jose to Arenal
• 1 night accommodation at Volcano Lodge with breakfast
• Arenal Volcano Tour
• Entrance to hot springs & dinner
• Private transfer Arenal - Caldera Pier
*Reverse itinerary available
View the Terms & Conditions
* TERMS AND CONDITIONS: From prices are per person (pp) twin share in NZD based on lead in season, Category 6 inside cabin aboard Star Clipper when booked by 30 Apr 2022 and are inclusive of cruise, onboard meals, port charges, gratuities and applicable discounts. Valid for new bookings only. Valid for sale until sold out. Single traveller prices available. All care is taken to promote correct pricing at time of printing, but is dependent upon availability and will be confirmed at time of reservation. Airfares not included unless specified. Offers are subject to availability and can change without notification due to fluctuations in charges and currency. Credit card surcharges apply. ^FREE Onboard Credit valid for first two adults in cabin only (not valid for 3rd person, child or guaranteed single rates) for shipboard bar, restaurant & Sloop Shop purchases. Bonus package inclusions are subject to availability at time of booking, based on lead-in room type (upgrade room types available on request at additional cost), and packages cannot be combined.
18 MAR 23 departure disembarks at Balboa.
For full terms and conditions please view adventureworld.co.nz/terms-and-conditions.
Unique stays in Swedish Lapland
June 21, 2021
The Ocean’s Power to Help
June 08, 2021
Get to Know Olo
March 06, 2021