Long after we’ve returned from a journey, certain things remain in our minds, and often it’s the experiences we’ve had with other people of the world that resonate, inspiring us to visit other places. I visited the island of Tanna in Vanuatu recently, and met people in mountain villages still living traditionally. Although there were many fascinating elements to their village life that had me intrigued, it was their kind faces that stay with me – big open eyes and enormous smiles in faces that spoke of happiness and contentment. And although Tanna is famous for having a live volcano and world’s largest banyan tree, the photos I have from that trip are mainly of the people of Tanna. Their country, their lifestyle and their thoughts are captured in their faces. It’s incredible that a face can hold the essence of a country within it. I only have to look back at those photos to feel the sun on my face and the dirt roads beneath my sandals.
Now is your chance to show us your favourite photo that you believe captures the heart of a place that means something to you. Share that photo with us and others and you could find yourself the winner of an Olympus camera. See all the information you need about the competition below.
We look forward to seeing some beautiful Faces of the Globe
Content Manager, Adventure World
HOW TO ENTER:
Share an extraordinary photo that you've taken of a person on your travels from anywhere on the globe, and you could WIN 1 of 7 awesome Olympus travel cameras (total value of $4,293 AUD).
1. Simply upload your favourite faces photo to Adventure World’s Facebook page
, at the ‘Faces Competition’ Tab
. Make sure you enter a high resolution image (at least 2MB in size and in JPG format).
2. Post your favourite photo to Twitter
using the competition hashtag: #FacesOfTheGlobe
The total prize pool value is $AUD4293
People’s choice prize:
- 1 x Olympus OM-D E-M1 Weatherproof Kit Camera (valued at $AUD 1899)
- The Grand prize winner will be judged by a panel of judges from Adventure World Travel.
- The Grand prize winner will be announced on April 16, 2015, on Adventure World’s Facebook Page: facebook.com/adventureworldtravel
- 1 x Olympus TG-3 Tough cameras (valued at $AUD 399)
- The People’s choice winner will be judged by Adventure World Travel’s Facebook community. The photo entry with the most Facebook ‘Likes’ as judged by the community by the end of the competition on 10 April 2015 at 12PM (AEST) will win the prize. The People’s Choice winner will be officially announced on Adventure Worlds Facebook Page facebook.com/adventureworldtravel on 16 April 2015.
- 5 x Olympus TG-3 Tough cameras (valued at $AUD 399 each – Total $AUD 1995)
- The Bi-weekly prize winners will be judged by a panel of judges from Adventure World Travel and announced on Adventure World’s Facebook page every 2 weeks of competition. The bi-weekly winner announcements will take place as per the schedule below:
- Winner 1 announcement – 13 February 2015
- Winner 2 announcement – 27 February 2015
- Winner 3 announcement – 13 March 2015
- Winner 4 announcement – 27 March 2015
- Winner 5 announcement –10 April 2015
The Faces of the Globe Competition runs from 1st
February 2015 (8AM AEST) and closes on the 10th
April 2015 (at 12pm AEST).
View the full competition terms and conditions.
FOLLOW ADVENTURE WORLD FOR ALL THE LATEST UPDATES, WINNER ANNOUNCEMENTS AND TRAVEL INSPIRATION:
TO SEE THE LATEST ENTRIES ON TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM OR VISIT THE ‘FACES COMPETITION’ TAB
ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
*Please note that Instagram and Twitter hashtag entries will appear on the Gallery page on AW's Facebook page - 'Faces Competition' Tab. There may be a 10-minute delay before you can see your entry and share it with friends.
- START PLANNING YOUR NEXT HOLIDAY AT ADVENTUREWORLD.COM -